LA Benchtop Series Fume Hood
With its angled front panel design for improved variable airflow, the customizable LA Series Benchtop Fume Hood is the perfect blend of affordability, efficiency, and flexibility for any research, education, or industrial operation requiring a general use chemical fume hood. Its bypass technology provides consistent laminar airflow across the face of the hood, ensuring a safe work environment for all users.
The full-bias sash perimeter and multi-slotted baffle system provide optimal airflow characteristics, performing effectively down to 60 ft/min face velocity – important for “air-starved” rooms and general energy conservation. In the iQ Labs tradition of function, durability and value, the LA comes with a long list of standard equipment that aid in its work as a green energy fume hood.
- Standard Features
- Add-On Equipment
- Documents and Specifications
- Why Buy a Benchtop Fume Hood from iQ Labs?
Our fume hoods are built with lasting quality and craftsmanship. We offer an extensive list of standard features and only use top quality materials, delivering a product that far exceeds that standards in today’s typical fume hood. Our ability to customize the design of our products gives you the flexibility to tailor your hood enclosure to the exact needs of your laboratory space.
- Comes standard with an exterior height of 54″, internal height 48″.
- Rigid 16-gauge superstructure steel pan designed framework
- Removable side panels for easy access to interior plumbing
- Three-piece baffle system with adjustable upper and lower dampers to regulate lighter-than-air and heavier-than-air gases
- Side post electrical and plumbing knockouts – on bias surface; in standard or ADA configuration
- Pre-wired and pre-plumbed electrical and service outlets
- Stamped bypass louvers to control bypass air volume
- Full frame, stainless steel vertical sash with integral stainless steel finger pull
- Stainless steel sash guides, lower airfoil, duct collar
- Sash/counterweight pulley system utilizing four 2 ½”-diameter pulleys for one-finger sash movement; full-width counterweight featuring “Tilt-Lock” for additional safety and durability
- LED lighting for improved work space visibility
- Flush interior lining reduces leakage and eddy currents, contains interior air flow, and simplifies the cleaning process
- Liner material – Standard poly resin liner with optional stainless steel
- Electrical switches and receptacles. Also explosion-proof lighting and fixtures available.
- Remote-controlled plumbing fixtures, with chrome or color-coded outlets. Pre-piped hard copper with soldered joints.
- Choice of sashes – vertical rising (standard); top-hung horizontal sliding; combination (vertical /horizontal); interlocking vertical (disappearing post)
- Vapor-proof fluorescent light fixture – 2’ or 4’ (bulbs not included)
- Sash stop
- Ceiling enclosure
- Air velocity monitor/alarm
- Automatic sash closer
- Countertops – epoxy, phenolic, stainless steel
- Cabinets – complete line of metal laboratory casework, including hood base, acid storage and flammable storage cabinets
- Blowers – selected to match hood and duct work configuration, corrosive or ignitable exhaust fumes
Why Buy a Benchtop Fume Hood from iQ Labs?
With over 60 years of experience, iQ Labs is a leading fume hood manufacturer. We fully customize and design all our fume hoods with your needs and accessibility in mind. We verify its functionality and safety through a proper fume hood inspection, and our dedicated service team is available to answer all your questions. At iQ Labs, our knowledge and service are manufactured into our products. Backed by our industry-leading, 10-year limited warranty, you can be assured you are getting the best quality hood for your next project.
What challenge can we help you solve today?
Send us a message, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.