Perchloric Acid Fume Hood
The iQ Labs perchloric acid fume hood is designed specifically for procedures using this hazardous acid. Based on the LA-series superstructure by iQ Labs, this fume hood features a one-piece, cove-cornered Type 316 stainless steel interior with integral work surface and washdown system. Regular use of the washdown system cleanses the hood interior of perchloric salts, which drain into a full-length sloped trough contained in the work surface.
- Perchloric Acid Fume Hood Requirements
- Standard Features
- Add-On Equipment
- Perchloric Acid Commissioning and Decommissioning
- Maintenance and Safety
- Why Buy a Perchloric Acid Fume Hood from iQ Labs?
Perchloric Acid Fume Hood Requirements
Access to plumbing is through exterior access panels only. Due to the extreme reactivity of perchloric acid, this hood should be used FOR PERCHLORIC ACID ONLY.
- One-piece 16-gage Type 316 stainless steel interior – coved corners welded to dished, reinforced countertop with integral cup-sink and full-length sloped trough; all surfaces are polished to #4 finish
- High-volume wash-down tube with remote control cold water valve
- Two-piece Type 316 stainless steel baffle system with adjustable upper and lower dampers to regulate lighter- and heavier-than-air gases
- Side post electrical and plumbing knockouts – on bias surface; in standard or ADA configuration
- Bypass grill with adjustable louvers to control bypass air volume
- Full frame, Type 316 stainless steel vertical sash with integral stainless steel finger pull
- Type 316 stainless steel sash guides, lower airfoil, duct collar
- Sash/counterweight pulley system utilizing four 2 ½”-diameter pulleys for one-finger sash movement; full-width counterweight featuring “Tilt-Lock” for additional safety and durability
- Vapor-proof fluorescent light fixture – 2’ or 4’ (bulbs not included)
- Electrical switches and receptacles
- Remote-controlled plumbing fixtures, with chrome outlets. Pre-piped hard copper with soldered joints.
- Sash stop
- Ceiling enclosure
- Air velocity monitor/alarm
- Automatic sash closer
- Cabinets – complete line of metal laboratory casework, including hood base, acid storage, and flammable storage cabinets
- Blower – specifically designed for perchloric acid exhaust – spark-resistant construction with inorganic coatings, wash-down nozzle and drain, Type 316 stainless steel stack with wash-down; selected to match hood and duct work configuration
Perchloric Acid Commissioning and Decommissioning
Maintenance and Safety
Why Buy a Perchloric Acid Fume Hood from iQ Labs?
With a full line of custom perchloric acid fume hoods to choose from, iQ Labs is your one-stop shop for custom stainless-steel fume hood design and manufacturing. Our perchloric acid fume hood design is based on several decades of manufacturing experience and is built with longevity and durability in mind. Your iQ Labs fume hood will be fully designed and customized for your space keeping your needs and accessibility in mind. We verify its functionality and safety through a proper fume hood inspection, and our dedicated service team is available to answer all your questions. At iQ Labs, our knowledge and service are manufactured into our products. Backed by our industry-leading 10-year limited warranty, you can be assured you are getting the best quality hood for your next project.
What challenge can we help you solve today?
Send us a message, and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.